A History of the Theatrical Costume Industry is Available for Pre-order!

 



 Our book is up on the Routledge website for pre-order!

Triffin Morris, the head of the graduate program in which I teach, and her journalist husband Gregory DL Morris, have spent over a decade researching A History of the Theatrical Costume Industry: Creators of Character, a history of the professional costume makers of the 20th century. When I had the opportunity to write some section drafts for the book in the summer of 2020, I leaped at the chance! 

You can read a synopsis and chapter list at the link above, as well as pre-order the book, or--even better--do so through your local independent bookstore! (That's probably the most helpful, because it puts us on their radar and they might choose to stock it.) I wrote most of the chapter, "A Stitch in Time: the early designer-drapers" and portions of the chapter, "The Coming of the Continentals: light hands for ballet and opera."

The 232-page book--releasing on September 30, 2021--will include 159 full-color illustrations and photographs. We're planning some book parties post-release, so I'll share more info on those when I get it. Triffin and I will also be filming a book preview panel as part of the Costube Symposium, releasing August 22!

If you're on Goodreads, please add it to your Want to Read shelf here!

If you're on Litsy, please add it to your To Read shelf here! (I'm trying to figure out how to get them to reorder the authors, since as of this posting, they have me listed first instead of third, which is not accurate.) 

Next time you're at your local library (or your college library if you're in school), request that they purchase a copy. Library sales are golden!


Comments

Popular Posts